The Easiest You’ve Ever Made…
As I personally totally hate it when food blogs have 1200 words of narrative before the recipe, I’ll keep this simple. These brownies are easy to make, extremely tasty, and have no added sugar!
- 30 pitted dates
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 tbsp. unsweetened apple sauce
- 3 tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 tbsp dark cocoa powder (or as much as you want!)
- Chop the almonds and dates in a blender or food processor until they start forming a paste.
- Transfer to a bowl, and add apple sauce, chia seeds, and cocoa powder.
- Mix by hand. Get messy!
- Shape into 6 or 12 brownies! (6 brownies equals 260 calories each, 12 brownies equals 130 calories each)
Based on 12 brownies, each brownie is:
- 130 calories
- 7g fat (zero saturated fat)
- 17g carbs
- 4g protein
- 4g fiber
They’re quite delicious, especially with the little chia seed crunch!
These make a great post-dinner dessert, or a few of them could serve as a fantastic workout recovery meal on the go! Packed with antioxidants, fiber, and healthy fats, they’re good for you, too.